.

.

Monday 10 July 2017

Take The Plunge!


Hi everyone and thank you all so much for your lovely comments on my last post I really do appreciate them so much! This is a card I made for Ted our next door neighbour..he was 78 and he still loves to go scuba diving when he's on holiday lol so of course had to use this LOTV image and he totally loved it....and I'm pleased to say that his daughter's horse Grace has delivered a little foal who is the absolute double of herself and she has named him Beauty. I think he just found his legs yesterday he was running all over the field closely guarded and put in his place by Mum!!! it was a lovely sight. She was so gentle and she let me and Paul have a stroke and scratch which he seemed to love as he kept pushing me when I took my hand away LOL ...well best get my best foot forward...do I have one??? and get on with the housework which has been neglected while I was stumbling around with vertigo. Lots of hugglessssss Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm going to visit Di over at Pixie's because it's ages since I've been there and I used some white snippets of card for the sentiments xx

Pixie's Challenge

16 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

A really cute card Sue. Foals are so sweet when they are very young and gangly! Lovely watching them frolic about. Hope you are both doing okay. Hugs Christine xx

Barb said...

A really lovely card Sue and just ideal for a scuba diver. It's something that was on my hubby's bucket list which he first did in his late 50's. I loved reading your post. Beauty sounds a delight. There is something very endearing about all baby animals isn't there. Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better now. I believe vertigo can be very distressing. Hugs, Barbxx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely fabulous card and just perfect for your neighbour, great design and colours.
How lovely to have a foal to stroke, they are adorable, Kate x

Sarah said...

Another fab LOTV image Sue, the porthole looks fantastic and the paper is perfect. How lovely that you paid a visit visit to see the foal and his Mum, it's been a while since we have had any here. they are such a delight to watch, it's like their bodies have to keep up with their legs!! xx

Veerle said...

Such a cute card Sue. Hugs Veerle x

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Sue, a super image and perfect papers - I bet your neighbour loved it.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Kathleen said...

Super card, great fun image and lovely papers.

Kath x

Chris said...

Fabulous card Sue, great image and the DP is perfect!
Lovely to read about the foal, how wonderful! Lucky you to get 'up close and personal' :)) Glad you are feeling better!
Chris
x

Di said...

What a lovely card Sue and it's great to see you back in the Playground, hooray! That little swimmer is the best and I love how you have the little 'porthole'. So good and heartwarming to read about the foal - new life is wonderful to see. Ack, vertigo - glad you're feeling better!

Hugs

Di xx

Darnell said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your neighbor and kudos to him for being so spry at his age! What an inspiration! I'm sure he loved your darling card, Sue! I loved reading about the new baby foal! What a blessing to be a part of that!!

I'm sorry to hear about the vertigo, but glad you are better. The Mister had a spell of that once and it was quite scary, so please do take care and thank you for the visit to the Playhouse!! Hugs, Darnell

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Sue
Splendid card for a diver. I've only ever snorkelled in a bath in Ibiza.....don't ask lol!
Lovely fun card and happy news about baby Beauty.
Hope the vertigo is better.
Ang x

Claire said...

That's a great card for a keen scuba diver, its so colourful and happy x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I suspect your neighbour was absolutely thrilled with this fabulous card.
Faith
x

Sarn said...

Hi Sue . . . hope you're feeling much better now. Good to see you over in the Playground again . . . I've had a bit of an absence too.

Lovely card - and so appropriate for your neighbour too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Sue me wonderful little blogging matey.
Blimey I must have missed this stunning creation while I had my Family staying.
What a excellent card and a super duper design too.
I just love the design and your excellent work.
Love and big crafty hugs from my house to yours.
Lots of sloppies for Olliebobs and Woody.
Sounds wonderful the new foal.
Lots of crafty love. Fairy Godmother Jenny L.xxx

Jenny L said...

Forgot to say congrats on being a pick in the playground.